Supporting Continuous Improvement for our Associates and in Our Culture
Continuous improvement: This core value drives us to foster our associates’ growth and development and to work toward a more diverse and inclusive community.
We know that associates who are driven to grow and learn will help Zurn Water Solutions thrive. We’re dedicated to supporting them by offering deep, varied training and development resources for associates at all levels of our company. Our efforts throughout 2021 included the following—and there’s more to come in 2022!
- Welcoming 37 interns, despite the pandemic
- Delivering extensive leadership and manager development programs for people leaders
- All Zurn recruiters earned their Diversity AIRS certification
- Reimbursing tuition expenses ($55k in 2021)
- Offering the ZurnU education software platform for self-directed learning
- Maintaining our #CI (Continuous Improvement) intranet forum, where associates share, discuss and are recognized for their breakthroughs and insights
Total associate engagement (TAE) is one of our core values and we measure it annually to ensure we are continuously improving. Over the past five years, we have had over 30% increase in TAE, as shown below.
We match our dedication to supporting individual growth with our commitment to continuously improve our community. We are working to embed diversity and inclusion throughout our company, so associates of all backgrounds can feel comfortable bringing their full perspectives and experiences to work. Our professional development and diversity and inclusion efforts come together in the Zurn Water Solutions employee resource groups (ERGs): forums where women and early-career associates can help empower each other and advance in their careers.